Day 14 of Advent
Helen E. (2005)
OUR HOLY TRINITY
Caring, Giving, Forgiving
All-encompassing Love and Grace.
Healing Mentoring, Receiving
He is the way to Glory.
Caring, Giving, Healing
He is Love and Grace.
A Cinquain Poem
David S. (2005)
I seek Jesus because we hear that He can do great things and help us. He has powers that are amazing.
Carol Mc. (2008)
I am most grateful for the blessings of my faith:
* A solid faith that has held me secure through thick and thin,
* An active faith that I try to live out with my commitments,
* An uncomfortable faith that urges me to question my financial and other decisions in light of the world's needs,
* A forgiving faith that asks me to judge less and listen more,
* A curious faith that keeps me reading and discussing and learning,
* A growing faith that calls me to love even when it is difficult.
This faith is my greatest blessing.
Dr. Mike S. (2007)
His Spirit: let it sing.
We are able to live life free of sin,
Christ gave us ability to hear sounds within.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Greetings! This year's Advent devotions combine contributions from past years, interlaced with current contributions.
Introduction by the late Irma Ward, Pastor Emeritus:
"It is the prayer of those who have shared their Advent thoughts with you that this Holy Season will bring you a deepening sense of His presence. The One whose name is Emmanuel, God with Us!
Every page is personal witness of this fact, that in Christ we are encouraged, supported, comforted, challenged, forgiven, redeemed, blessed. Here are Scriptures of special meaning to persons in our fellowship; an intimate opening of hearts, a sharing of joy and pain, of promise and fulfillment. Some meditations are written by young children, others by youth and young adults, still others by mature and senior members of our fellowship. Each one reminds us we are one body, bound together in His love.
The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth, we have beheld His Glory. (John 1:14)"