Marble UMC Covid-19 information
We are hosting in-person services, as well as continuing to hold services on Facebook Live for those who wish to stay home.
There will be a Traditional, online only services start at 9:00am every Sunday and will be on Facebook Live.
There is also a Modern, in-person service at 10:30am which will be on Facebook Live as well. Doors will open at 10:00am.
Please understand that we are doing everything to respect and protect everyone that comes to worship with us.
Beginning Sunday, June 20, masks will be optional for worship. We encourage you to follow the CDC guidelines for those vaccinated and unvaccinated as it relates to wearing masks while inside. Starting on Sunday, July 4, we will have a time of gathering after our 10:30 worship service for refreshments outside (weather permitting) the Bell Tower doors for those who wish to participate. Beginning Monday, July 5, masks will be optional for small groups and meetings.
We encourage you to follow the CDC guidelines for those vaccinated and unvaccinated as it relates to wearing masks while inside. Please continue to wipe down tables (and chairs if necessary) after use.
On Sunday, July 4, increased seating will also be available in the sanctuary. There will still be designated rows to allow for social distancing. We encourage you to be respectful of everyone's personal space and boundaries. We thank you for all you have done during this time to follow the guidelines that have been set in place to maintain a safe church environment. These new guidelines are organic and can be changed as needed. If you have questions regarding these changes, feel free to contact one of the Church Council members or Pastor Matt.
With these new updates, we ask for everybody to be flexible and show grace as we continue to work our way through this situation. Also, please understand that how we approach and attend worship now is still going to look different than before. We realize that a lot of churches have been meeting and there are some that are still worshipping online only. Avoid trying to compare apples to apples. Let’s make sure we continue to love our neighbor as we love ourselves.
Keep in mind there is no single way to go about what we are doing and no instruction manual to help figure out what to do. Marble Memorial is only as strong and loving as its people are. Again, be flexible and show grace.
Below, are the key guidelines Marble is following each week we gather for now. Thank you.
- Entering will be through the Parking Lot door on the southside of the building.
- Colored badges will continue to be utilized to show a person’s comfort level.
- No congregating in the hallways before or after service. Please head directly to the sanctuary.
- No reservations/reserved seats. Ushers will direct you to your seat. No switching seats.
- The upstairs restrooms by the elevator will be available for use.
- Coffee areas will be closed, but you are welcome to bring something to drink.
- No programs, hymnals, or Bibles will be available for use.
- An Offering Station will be available to leave your gifts before or after service.
- Ushers will dismiss everyone by row at the end of service.
- Exiting will be through the Bell Tower Doors.
- There will be no receiving line with the pastor, and everyone will be asked to go outside to visit.
- Communion will continue to be served by the pastor in pre-packaged kits.
We realize there will be questions after reading this, and we have also taken households into account for seating. Remember, be flexible and show grace. We look forward to worshipping with everyone this Sunday.
Have a great day and peace be with you!
Pastor Matt West and the Marble Re-Entry Team
Fellowship time in “Cup of Grace” & “Our Cup Runneth Over” is still currently suspended.
Please continue to be faithful to God and this congregation through your financial giving. You can mail your offerings, give electronically through http://www.marbleumc.org/donate.html, and you may also drop it off at the church using the mail slot in the ‘bell tower’ entrance. Your gifts allow us to continue our ministry and pay our recurring bills.
We will continue to update this page as information changes.