Marble UMC Covid-19 information
Bishop Bard released a COVID-19 update on Monday, November 16th. Please click here to view the video. You can also watch Pastor Matt's response announcement in regards to this here.
We are currently hosting indoor worship services at 10:00am every Sunday. Worship will continue to be streamed live on Facebook as well. Please understand that we are doing everything to respect and protect everyone that comes to worship with us.
With that being said, we ask for everybody to be flexible and show grace as we continue to work our way through this situation. Also, please understand that how we approach and attend worship inside is going to look different than before the shutdown. We realize that a lot of churches have been meeting and there are some that are still worshipping online only. Avoid trying to compare apples to apples. Let’s make sure we continue to love our neighbor as we love ourselves.
Keep in mind there is no single way to go about what we are doing and no instruction manual to help figure out what to do. Marble Memorial is only as strong and loving as its people are. Again, be flexible and show grace.
Below, are the key guidelines Marble is following each week we gather for now. Thank you.
- Masks are still required along with social distancing protocols.
- Entering will be through the Parking Lot door on the southside of the building.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door before entry. If a temperature of 100 or higher is registered, then you will be asked to return home.
- Colored bracelets will continue to be utilized to show a person’s comfort level.
- No congregating in the hallways before or after service. Please head directly to the sanctuary.
- No reservations/reserved seats. Ushers will direct you to your seat. No switching seats.
- The upstairs restrooms by the elevator will be available for use.
- Coffee areas will be closed, but you are welcome to bring something to drink.
- Masks will remain on while in the building and for singing.
- No programs, hymnals, or Bibles will be available for use.
- An Offering Station will be available to leave your gifts before or after service.
- Ushers will dismiss everyone by row at the end of service.
- Exiting will be through the Bell Tower Doors.
- There will be no receiving line with the pastor, and everyone will be asked to go outside to visit.
- Communion will continue to be served by the pastor in pre-packaged kits.
We realize there will be questions after reading this, and we have also taken households into account for seating. Remember, be flexible and show grace. We look forward to worshipping with everyone this Sunday.
Have a great day and peace be with you!
Pastor Matt West and the Marble Re-Entry Team
Fellowship time in “Cup of Grace” & “Our Cup Runneth Over” is still currently suspended.
Please continue to be faithful to God and this congregation through your financial giving. You can mail your offerings, give electronically through http://www.marbleumc.org/donate.html, and you may also drop it off at the church using the mail slot in the ‘bell tower’ entrance. Your gifts allow us to continue our ministry and pay our recurring bills.
We will continue to update this page as information changes.